From Dull to Radiant: 5 Simple Tips to Repair Dull Skin
Hey Loves! Skin is in! Having glowing skin is a must. Now, if only you could get yours to glow, right? Dull skin is a common challenge faced by many. Today, with seasonal changes, dietary deficiencies, allergies, and recent climate changes we know they are can do more harm than good to your skin. The great news is that it’s actually very easy to repair your dull skin.
Follow these steps for radiant skin:
- Determine your skin type. Understanding your skin type is important. It can help you determine many things about your skin.
- Do you have dry, sensitive, mature, oily, normal, or combination skin?
- What type of cleansers should you use for the best results?
- What dietary triggers cause trouble for your skin?
- Do you adjust your skincare routine every season?
- Invest in a skin care regimen. Once you've determined your skin type, it's time to treat it well. Spend the time to identify the right skin products for your skin type.
- First, use a good cleanser to remove dirt and oil.
- Second, exfoliate based on your skin type. Some products can be rough on the skin. Be gentle.
- Next, use a toner to reset the pH balance in your skin while decreasing the size and appearance of pores.
- Then, apply any special serum or cream that you may use.
- Last, apply a moisturizer formulated for your skin type. Choose one with SPF for sun protection.
- Stay hydrated. When conscious about the dullness of your skin, water is your friend! Staying hydrated benefits the health of your skin cells.
- Did you know the body is 80 percent water? Now you can understand why your skin looks dull when you aren't hydrated!
- Practice hydration in phases. Ensure you drink a glass of water when you first awake and before you go to sleep. During the day, drink 8-10 8 oz. glasses per day.
- Although water is the best option, you can also drink low-calorie beverages like fruit-infused water or herbal teas. They also add to your overall fluid intake.
- Get lots of rest. Sure, 8 hours of restful sleep each night is great. But there are other ways to give your body a break.
- When you're on your lunch break, take a break! Avoid eating at your desk at all costs. Working while eating doesn’t send a signal to your brain that you're at rest.
- Limit sun exposure and wear an SPF. Direct exposure to sunlight wreaks havoc on even the best skin texture. From blemishes to widening pores and dullness to premature aging, the negative effects are alarming.
- Limit direct sun exposure to 15 minutes per day. This allows your body to generate enough vitamin D for the day and saves your skin from damage.
- Always wear an SPF whenever you're going to be outdoors.
So, there you have it. This is a simple, yet effective way to treat dull skin. All it takes is a little investment in the right products and a lot of investment in self-care. The effort you put into your skin will always match the results it produces.
Loves, now you can look forward to healthy, radiant skin. But always remember that most of your glow comes from within!