With everything we have to do in our lives: business, careers, family, hobbies, social lives, and managing it all, we know it can be extremely difficult to get 7-8 hours of sleep on a consistent basis. This is something that you've probably realized by now. The unfortunate reality is that insufficient rest adds a few years onto your appearance. This is something you definitely want to avoid!
Getting 4-5 hours of sleep a day isn't something you want to make a habit. But when it happens, your mission should be to combat the effects. The good news is that it's very possible to maintain a youthful look after limited sleep.
Try these timeless secrets to help you conceal your true tiredness and look flawless:
- Cucumbers, Tea bags, and Spoons, oh my! One of the foolproof ways to help puffy eyes is using cold, sliced cucumbers, cooled tea bags, or cold spoons. Place them over your eyes to make them look rested and less puffy.
- If you know beforehand that you'll only be getting four hours, start before bed.
- Slice a couple pieces of cucumber and place over your eyes for 5 minutes before bed. In preparation, put the cucumbers in the freezer so they're ice cold before using. The cooling effect helps to relieve the swelling.
- You can brew yourself a mug of tea using two tea bags (we like green tea). Allow them to cool while you sip the tea. Place the cooled bags over your eyes while you relax for a few minutes.
- Or place two spoons in the freezer and place over eyes for five minutes.
- When you wake up in the morning, repeat for optimal results.
Lack of sleep shows in the face because the skin tends to appear dull. While there's only so much you can do to completely relieve this, moisturizers can help. There are even moisturizing products that help add a glow to dull skin when you need it most.
- Be sure to find a moisturizer that's ideal for your skin type. Over-compensating can weigh down your skin and may cause congestion. On the flip side, using a product that's too light may not produce the desired result.
- Different products are made for daytime and nighttime use. Always use the right type for the time of day.
- Moisturizing helps to add much needed moisture and nutrients to skin after cleansing.
Wear bright colors and busy prints. It's always a good idea to draw attention away from your face when you're tired! One of the best ways to accomplish this is to wear attention-grabbing clothes.
- Bright colors and busy prints instantly pull the eyes away from the face and onto the garment.
- In some cases, bright colors can actually help brighten the face.
- Keep makeup light. In most cases, heavy makeup can magnify skin flaws and possibly aggravate skin conditions. When you're tired, try to avoid heavy layers of cosmetics.
- Give the foundation a break for the day. Instead, opt for bright eye shadow and a color enhancing blush.
- Using a primer on dark eye circles is a good idea. Just avoid overdoing it for a more natural look.
- Remember to remove all makeup before going to sleep.
Wear SPF. When your body isn’t rested enough, your skin gets dehydrated. Wearing a great SPF for your skin type will help prevent the sun from drying it out further.
- Go for a cream version of sun block instead of an oil-based product. It blends better into the skin.
- Wear a moisturizer with mid-range SPF. Overdoing it may clog pores.
At the end of the day, the ideal scenario is to get enough rest! But when that isn’t an option for you, all isn’t lost. You can go about your daily activities without worrying about how tired you look.
Loves, remember to treat your body well and try to get as much sleep as you can. Your overall health and wellness depend on it. It's the best way to guarantee happy returns on your investment!